Window boxes aren’t just for curb appeal! I have created a unique way for you to enjoy them from the inside of your home as well!
Items you will need to make beautiful window boxes:
- Window box
- Potting soil
- Your favorite fall colored mums, cabbages, succulent greenery
- Colorful mini pumpkins and squash, pinecones, artificial leaves and a little straw for fill.
- The size of the window box will determine the size of the plants you put in the window box.
- The window box in the photo is 11 x 11 x 68. We used 8 inch pots for mums and 5 inch pots for cabbages and succulent plants.
1. Pour potting soil into window box alternate mums and cabbages in the planter. Plant succulent facing the inside of the window.
2. Fill potting soil in needed areas. Place a light layer of straw in between window sill and window box add artificial leaves on top of the straw.
3. Add the pumpkins and mini squash in any spaces between the mums and the cabbage use the pinecones to accent around the Pumpkins.
4. Before adding your little animals step back to find the focal spot of the planter then add the animal to that area.
You will now be able to enjoy the view of your window box more than you ever have before!
One thought on “How to create beautiful, unique Fall Window-boxes”
These are beautiful Kathy! Thanks for sharing!